Remember this picture?
- the sparkle in my eyes
- the Osmond worthy smile
- the flush of new pregnancy on my cheeks
- hair that while tousled at 2:30 am was clean and had been cut and colored recently
- well groomed eyebrows
- the little crow’s feet that indicate a person who smiles a lot
Now for our Picture of the Day:
- the look of dulled pain in my eyes
- the puffiness of my cheeks
- the pallor of my skin
- greasy, uncolored hair
- unkempt eyebrows
- tired looking eyes
- the pinched tight look between my eyebrows
- the jowls and double chin that are prominent because of the absence of a smile
I barely recognize myself.
How could things have changed so drastically?
I’ll find a way to pull out of this. I will.
Positive stuff NOW:
- I learned how to put writing on pictures! Yay, me!
- And I’m becoming excited about the 365 challenge-ish
- I think I’ve pulled my brother into the challenge-ish
- I was successful in my mini-challenge and exercised 4 days in a row. (So was my sweet friend, Belinda, Yay, her!)
- We’ve set a new challenge: Exercise 5 days in a row and record everything we eat for 5 days
- I had a great afternoon with MC. We saw “The King’s Speech” and had Mexican food afterward. I loved Colin Firth before but now I really love him. He conveyed so much about his character through his eyes and body language. I was swept up in these characters and their role in history. At the end, when the teacher is helping the king give his speech, and the king is successful, I felt their triumph. As a teacher, I could identify with experiencing that triumphant moment with the student, when they become successful after having worked so hard.
- Talking with MC made me realize yet again that what happened really showed me who my true friends are. It’s easy to stay away when things get tough but it takes hardcore friendship to do what’s difficult and be around a person who might cry at any time or who may lash out or do/say something crazy. (JC the BM, girls…JC the BM)
- Dollface has come up with head lice and she was here overnight on Friday. The positive part is: she didn’t sneak into my bed during the night like she sometimes does.
- I almost went to church today….almost. I’ve decided next week, I’ll get dressed and drive to the church. I may have to sit in the parking lot for the whole hour but I will at least show up.